Thursday, December 15, 2011

A re-imagined poster of 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' by Sam Gilbey













Sam Gilbey, a wonderfully talented artist, recently finished this beautiful re-imagined poster of 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'. What a great composition! It really captures the spirit of this movie. For his illustrations, Sam combines various digital and analogue techniques. They have been featured on websites and television shows, as well as in books, comics and exhibitions, and also on a movie test shoot. For more information about Sam's work you can visit his website. To see details of the poster, visit this page. To order a print go here.

The poster was made for the screening of 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' today at 8.30 at the online cinema Stratford East, London Picturehouse (Picturehouse Podcast). Click here to read a post about the poster on the Picturehouse blog.

It's really good to see such wonderful attention for 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'. Let's hope there will be even more attention next year, when the movie celebrates it's 25th anniversary.

8 comments:

  1. Howdy René

    What a great movie Planes, Trains... is (even though I prefer Uncle Buck...). Don't you wonder what John Hughes' intended 3-hour director's cut would be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Matheus. Sorry for this late reply. Uncle Buck is a wonderful movie too. I stopped comparing John movies, just enjoying them. :-)

    Oh yes, I do wonder. The 25th anniversary would be a perfect moment to release a long cut of the film on DVD. In an interview Hughes stated that it would take tons of editing to make a 3 hour-cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, it's probably a stupid question, but do you have the longer version of the script to which someone linked on one IMDb forum? It has 164 pages, so at least it probably isn't the shooting 93-minute version. I haven't read it myself yet.

    Anyway, if you want the 26 MB pdf, just give me an e-mail and I'll send you it (easier than search for the link again)... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you send the PDF to me at techniczeos@gmail.com? I have been looking all over for it and am relieved I found one. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. No, it isn't a stupid question at all. I didn't even know about it. I would love to read it and to make a post about it on this blog. Thanks, you can contact me through reneriva[at]rocketmail[dot]com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing poster! Sam is very talented.

    I've been searching for the script online... which is how I found your site. If possible and if you have the time, I'd love to get a copy of it as well. My email is delayna [dot] myers [at] gmail [dot] com

    Thanks :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would love a copy of the script. I've been looking all over for it. bluejay8 at gmail.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear everybody

    It seems that the same person who had put the script online on that IMdb forum re-uploaded it (HERE).

    I've read it already, and I can say that, although we never know what it would have in terms of John Hughes' direction, on a script level alone I ended up sticking with the theatrical release...

    ReplyDelete